March 14, 2013

Cheap but cheerful organizing!

It's been a busy week and a bit filled with lots of adventure (day trips and Play Place trips), a few injuries (me at bootcamp) and one nasty cough (poor little Emmy), hence the lull in blogging on my behalf.

I did, however, manage to tackle an itty bitty bathroom organizing project. I made a trip to the Dollar Store and pick up a few drawer containers to help turn my mess of a vanity drawer into an organized delight! My grand total expenditure was $5 and my bag of Dollarama goodies included a dip tray from the home decor aisle along with clear containers in different shapes from the organizing aisle.

(Side Note: Am I the only one that gets a weird thrill out of repurposing an item for a something other than it was intended? Organizational dork here!!)

I really should have taken a "before" shot, but picture all of these items rolling around loosely in the drawer. It was madness.

I kept the organizing simple - like items got grouped together (e.g. lipsticks with lip glosses) for easy product selection. This little project is already saving me time (and reducing frustration and time wasted looking for something specific in the giant pile of products)!


No comments: