February 22, 2013

Best Compliment Ever

Grampa came to watch Emmy (and I, since it is a Parent & Tot class) at gymnastics this week.

She has SUCH a ball there. Running around, jumping on the trampoline in the floor, walking along the beam, doing forwards and backwards summersaults down the big spongy wedge things (yeah, I'm really technical about it, aren't I?). She loves it and has so much fun there with a smile plastered on her face nearly the whole time.

Grampa was seated in the viewing gallery to watch us and the woman sitting next to him watching her own little girl said to him "Is that little girl in the white top your Granddaughter?"

He said yes.

She then asked "Is that your daughter with her?"

He said yes.

Then she said something to him that made my heart sing. She said "They sure do love each other, don't they?".

What an amazing compliment - that she could see, from my encouragement and celebration of Emmy on the gymnastics floor and her smile that we are head over heels for each other. How amazing is that? It made me feel like I'm doing something right here...not that I need that validation, but it sure gave me the warm fuzzies to hear it.