February 4, 2013

Our Little People Person

I am pretty confident that we have a people person on our hands.

Yesterday, which was Super Bowl Sunday, we attended my parent's annual party and this year 35 other people were in attendance with us. Emmy was in heaven playing with some little friends who came for dinner and left around bedtime. During the party, she made her way around the room chatting and playing with nearly everyone there, asking them "What's your name?" or "You want to play with me?".

Although she has her shy moments (she comes right out and sometimes says to people she's meeting for the first time "I'm a little shy."), last night definitely had me thinking that she is going to grow up to be a bubbly girl with a big personality.

After we put her jammies on and told her it was time for bed, she proceeded to walk around the room and give just about every party guest a goodnight hug. If we were at someone else's house I'm sure she would have been more stingy with her affections, and not doled out the squishes so easily, but Grama and Grampa's house is somewhere she feels completely and utterly safe, which makes me happy.

This morning, when Grampa woke her up and brought her out to the now empty room where the party had been last night, the first thing she said to him was "Grampa, where are all the people?". Yep - she's going to be a people person.

No comments: