January 31, 2013

Finishing Touches

Decorating/organizing progress has been made this week, even though we've been crazy busy!!

I'm super happy to report that I found the PERFECT baskets for Emmy's room at my local Home Hardware. They are the perfect colour, the EXACT perfect size and I love the detail of the silver handle too! At first I wasn't sure 'bout the colour and contemplated spraying them pink or white, but when I got them home and put them in THEIR home, it was exactly what the room needed. The tan colour adds an earthy, natural feel to the room that I didn't even realize it needed!

In all their glory, each nestled into its own little cubby! How perfect do they fit, right? 
How gorgeous are those handles? Nice and sturdy so I don't have to worry about how rough Emmy is with them!
Here is the other end of the window seat!
Some hold the overflow of tights we have that no longer fit in the sock drawer!
Some hold books!
Some are empty so far. But that's a good thing since we have tubs and tubs in the basement still left to go through!
What else have I been up to? During my weekly trip to WINNERS (yes, I'm obsessed, but they are constantly getting new merchandise in stock and the only way to ensure I don't miss something really awesome and perfect for the castle is to go regularly!), I found these super cool posters!

Although I've not yet mustered the courage to fly across the ocean to visit England, Max has been and LOVED it. He promptly told me that I would adore London and refuse to come home, so I think that they are a good reflection of "us"!


It continues to amaze me how adding artwork really does make a room feel "finished". Still some things to do in the tv room, but these fun posters have gotten us one step closer to complete!!

No comments: