January 10, 2013

Stickergate 2013

There is a decorative box in Emmy's room that had some stickers in it. Toy Story stickers.

Earlier this week she didn't want to sleep, but I asked her (ahem...told her?) that even if she didn't want to nap, she had to stay in her room and have some quiet time. I gave her some books and left. My guess is that she wasn't interested in the books I provided, because she obviously spent some time exploring her room and found the stickers.

I found a few random stickers scattered around her room earlier this week and chuckled, however she took it to a whole new level last night.

At 10pm I took a peek into her room to make sure she was sleeping and I found her awake. Singing in fact. As I got closer, I could see that she had dozens and dozens and dozens of stickers all over her hands and had made little stacks of them and was adding to them. It was terribly difficult to keep it together and not roll on the floor in laughter, but I calmly explained that it was time for sleep and we needed to put the stickers away. Then I got into her big girl bed and we had a snuggle until she fell asleep.

I guess that would explain why I had two stickers stuck to my shoulder this morning.

Here's the evidence I captured this morning of Stickergate:





I thought I had cleaned all of the stickers up, but when I made Emmy's bed I found this:


I think we'll keep her sticker-free:



1 comment:

Jessica said...

bahaha. This is hilarious and adorable! We had a sticker phase for awhile. For days after he used them all up, I still kept finding them everywhere. I would take clothes out of the dryer and see stickers still on them. We'd find them on the bottom of our socks ALL. THE. TIME.