January 2, 2013

Happy New Year from our home to yours!

I took a blogging break over the Holidays since there was SO much going on.

E.g > last minute Christmas pressie shopping, baking, making sure everything was in order for our Christmas morning feast.

Plus the little Lady was home with us quite a bit over the last two weeks, so we spent the majority of our time in "the yellow room" (aka > her playroom) building puzzles, stacking things, watching Toopy & Binoo, dressing up, playing store with her new cash register and pretend food and so on, and so on, and so on.

I did, however, find a few minutes over the last few days to finish up/make progress on some already started projects and wanted to share.

CHALKBOARD WALL:

TA DA - four coats of chalkboard paint (to ensure that over time I don't wipe away the paint) is all it took to transform this bare wall into a monthly calendar/message board/grocery list station! We love it...even if it's not 100% square. 
Love having our schedule up for reference - it's already coming in handy!
These amazing chalkboard markers were a Christmas present from my sister Kristi who is a teacher. She tells me that all the teachers use these in their classrooms > I can see why. They are semi-permanent (come off with a wet rag) so you can use them to draw calendar lines that you want to stay put when you erase your January engagements and replace them with February! Love them! Great gift!
 CONTINUING DECLUTTERING/ORGANIZING OF THE YELLOW ROOM

I think this will be one of those rooms that is ALWAYS in progress - since Emmy's taste and interest in toys seems to constantly change, but I've moved some of the adult items into other rooms and want to get some more storage bins for this monstrosity of squares to reduce on the amount of loose items. It's coming along. 
THE LITTLE LEMON'S ROOM

Every little girl's room needs some butterflies in it, yes? I love the 3D texture these Umbra butterflies add to her room.
Still on the search for some baskets to fit in those lower cubbies - she is LOVING the bench cushion and I am loving the curtains! So happy with how her room is shaping up!
We hung up my all-time favourite piece of art - the painting Max created for Emmy when she was still in my tummy. Love this beyond words. 

 PICTURE PERFECT
It's kinda crazy how hanging a few pictures can make the house feel SO much more completed - but it does!
Proud Mum - this is one of Emmy's daycare creations. Love it. 
Super dark photo, but those are her footprints in the stacked frames. 
This one is a piece of leftover wallpaper from a work project that I threw in an Ikea frame. Love the colours and pattern and also the fact that it was FREE!
Slowly but surely, things continue to come together and I am trying to remind myself that it doesn't all have to get done right now. Even if that's what I yearn for.

Our next big project is tackling the office > we urgently need to get a desk set up in there! Hoping to post about that tomorrow! Stay tuned!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I love your chalk board wall. Can you tell me, is the calendar permanent? Did you use white paint to create that?
Thanks!