January 30, 2013

My Big Girl

Although Emmy was the oldest child today at the Public Library's "Shake, Rattle and Read" drop-in class by about two years, we still had a fun time dancing, singing and reading. The rest of the attendees were all between the ages of three-months to one-year-old and were taking bottles, fussing for no reason and army crawling all over the room.

It took me back to when my Little Lemon was just a wee baby and couldn't walk/talk yet and I wanted to pick one of those chubby little butterballs up and have a snuggle. Emmy, however, was not really that impressed and kept saying "That baby is crying!" and asking "Why is that baby crying?". I tried to explain that sometimes babies cry for no reason, but maybe he was hungry or had a wet diaper and the only way a baby knows how to let his Mummy know something is wrong is to cry. I think she understood because her response was "I no cry. I'm a big girl!".

She certainly is becoming a big girl. Seeing her along side those itty-bitty babies emphasized that fact for me today. She is a big girl who has her own spunky, silly personality and knows what she wants. She has a lot to say and loves to learn. She loves (LOVES!) to make people laugh. I've said it before, but I'll say it again...10 million times without apology, I'M SO LUCKY to call this funny, spunky, kind-hearted little girl the absolute love of my life.








No comments: