January 17, 2013

Another Year Older

It was my birthday this past Sunday. I turned 34-years-old. How did that happen? Didn't I JUST graduate from high school? Wasn't it just a few weekends back that I blew $100 at the local dance club (just kidding Mum!!) and this past summer that I did nothing but work on my tan up at the cottage?

Quite honestly, although time seems to be zipping by at warp speed and I'm not sure when I became an adult, I don't really miss any of those things (although a cottage weekend this coming summer might be fun for Emmy). Priorities have definitely shifted and ensuring that my little family is filled with happiness is at the top of my list each and every single day.

I LOVE that I am at the point in my life where I can appreciate them and this life of mine in ways I wasn't able to when I was younger and didn't realize how lucky I was. I love that we are so fortunate to live close to our extended family and share our happiness with them. I love that my husband is willing to get up at 4am to commute to work so that I can spend my days with the Lemon before she grows big and goes to school and doesn't want to spend every moment with her Mummy. I love that she lets me zerbert her belly, put her hair in piggy tails, sing SuperCaliFragilisticExpialidocious together when we drive and asks me to "rubba her back" when she crawls into bed at night. I love this life and these moments.

So how did I celebrate my 34th birthday? A delicious feast from the sea at Red Lobster followed by Menchies frozen yogurt concoctions with my Little Lemon, the Hubs and my parents. It was perfection.

I think 34 is going to be my best year yet. Can't wait to see what happens!


1 comment:

krust said...

:) i love your life, too. i love YOU!!