November 8, 2012

A dish of delish

I made dinner again.

And it got rated a 10 by my Dad and a 9.8 by my Mum. Although they might be the most loving and generous parents on the planet, they are very stingy when judging and wouldn't give high marks if I hadn't honestly earned them, so I trust that I blew their taste buds away tonight!

Thanks to my friend Tracy and Pinterest, I created a one-dish, three item meal featuring chicken, green beans and baby potatoes and was mmmm-mmmm-good. And easy.

The only hiccup I encountered was that I washed my hands about eight times while working with the chicken since I'm paranoid about getting someone sick by contaminating my hands, the counter, the utensils, but other than that it was very straightforward to do. The potatoes needed to be cut into cute little bite-sized portions and then the rest was just filling up the dish with the ingredients, sprinkling a pack of dry Italian salad dressing mix over the top and then pouring some yummy, melted butter on top! Did I mention how easy this was?

The assembled dish (left) before going into the oven and the yummy leftovers that I will gladly have for lunch tomorrow (right)!
The end result was super yummy and I'm feeling encouraged and excited about my next cooking adventure. Feel free to share another easy recipe you may have with me and I'll gladly tackle it - it just needs to be beginner level and relatively easy!

No comments: