November 9, 2012

Making an Entrance!

We've made some great progress over the past few days and the giant pile of shoes sitting on grubby white towels at the front door has been transformed. BIG YAY!

We did, however, discover that the wall that we placed the Ikea Hemnes shoe cabinets on is not straight, and we did have to make a decision on the fly to deviate from our original plan to butt the units up together. Instead, due to the wonky wall, the units sit about 6 inches apart and have a cute little umbrella container placed in between. I really like the end result, even if it wasn't what I had originally envisioned. We haven't done much styling yet, but have plans to put a piece of artwork on a hinge to hide the security system touch pad and to mount that mirror on the wall.

Ta da! Each unit holds eight pairs of shoes.
PS: Emmy hung her own coat up in that spot. Cutie pie. 

Some of Mummy's shoes!

That cute little umbrella container is a ceramic pair of wellies - a gift from my Aunt!

I LOVE my Ikea tray that holds whatever is in my pockets when I come home. I love the fun colours and the playful feel of it!

This one-of-a-kind bowl holds about six sets of keys! 
There is still a ton to do in our foyer area, including hanging coat hooks, choosing art for the wall and getting a few baskets for under the red bench that is on the other wall. More pics to come!

Feels good to get this checked off the list, especially since each of these units took nearly an hour to put together and had 25 steps to the instructions. Nutso!

No comments: