October 6, 2012

20 Days and Counting

Well, apparently I have a lot to learn about this blogging thing.

One little tap of "command + z" and I somehow deleted the very first blog post that I had previously published. Lesson learned - I certainly won't do that again.

So, to recap, here's our story:

We are a family of three (a mummy, a daddy and a spunky, silly two-and-a-half year old little girl, whose middle name happens to be Lemon) who is trading our 80-year-old Toronto semi-detached home that's a quick 20-minute subway ride to downtown for a 2500 square-foot, detached 2-year-old house in a spanking new development. We're going from a city of 2.5 million to a town of less than 100,000. A lot will be different, but I'm sure some things will surprisingly be the same (I'll be honest, as long as the McDonald's McCafe coffee tastes as good everything else will be OK).

I'm trading in my fancy advertising/marketing job to be a part-time stay-at-home Mum (yes, that's how I spell Mom...I can't help it) slash part-time employee at the cutest children's clothing boutique ever slash part-time blogger, creator, designer, writer, DIYer.

I hope use this blog to capture all of the ups and downs we encounter on this adventure - from parenting lessons I learn to decorating projects/ideas and the trials and tribulations I go through learning to cook (seriously, right now I can make hot dogs, brownies and pasta, but that's about it) to my thoughts on everything we go through and learn about life, ourselves and our home, I promise to share it all. The good, the bad, and even the ugly.

Here is a look at some of the decorating ideas I've been pulling together as we wait for our move date:

Our master bedroom mood board

The front room/playroom mood board
I hope that you'll have fun following us on this crazy adventure!!

No comments: