October 9, 2012

"I love my castle!"

...that's what our little Lemon said when we visited the new house this past weekend. Oh the things she says - I wish I could follow her around with a recording device 24/7!

She also ran around in circles (since there is zero furniture in the "castle" to get in her way right now), and gave us approval on all the paint colours (her exact words were "this is so amazing"!).

The painter is back in today and tomorrow to fix a few things (a few missed spots, a few touch ups here and there), and also to paint big, fat, happy pink stripes on Emmy's headboard wall! I'm so excited to see how it turns out. Once that is completed, we'll need to think about curtains and headboard fabric for her room - the hubs isn't too excited about that, but I think I might be in heaven! Here are some fabrics I've been looking at online to go with her bubble gum pink room:

Hubby likes this one best!

This is my fave, simply because it contains so many colours, but it might be a little overwhelming on curtains that are 12 feet tall. 

This is gorgeous, but seems a bit grown up too. Part of me wants to choose a VERY childish fabric with animals and cartoons on it, but that would not be a very good long term investment now, would it?
Check out some teaser photos of the nearly-completed paint job!

Benjamin Moore Muslin - I ADORE how this colour looks different in every room, and also how it has made the fireplace (which is not reflective of our tastes) blend in seamlessly! YAY!

The master bedroom in the new house is bigger than our current dining room and living room put together, so it will be a huge adjustment having SUCH a big room. I wanted a dark colour to make the space feel cozy and I think Benjamin Moore's Gray Horse did the trick!.

I LOVE how this turned out - this is Benjamin Moore Concord Ivory. We have plans to turn this room into a library/playroom/tv room highlighted by a bright red sofa! I can't wait to see how this room comes together!
The next big things to cross off the list are:
- confirm someone to steam clean the carpet (it's about 2500 square feet of pet hair covered rug, so we are hiring someone to do this!)
- carpenter to quote on shelves for the office and window seat in the Lemon's room!

Move day is 16 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess we should start packing?

1 comment:

Val said...

Think restful--it is a bedroom--you might have her in your new gynormus bed more often if she is hyped by her surroundings--Just an old mother speaking