October 16, 2012

Let there be Lights (from West Elm)!

Wooooooo-frickin-hoooooooo!!

After a lot of online research, shopping and investigating, I narrowed down the arduous search for the perfect kitchen/dining room pendant lighting to these beauties from West Elm:

These bad boys will be positioned over the "breakfast counter", side by side. Their official name is "Globe Pendant".
I can't tell you how much I love how this Cluster Glass Pendant from West Elm! So fun. So stunning. So perfect!


Why I like them:
> they are visually striking (as in; "Whoah, you've got big glass balls hanging from the ceiling") and I think they are quite unique (as in: they won't be in everyone elses house).
> I was struggling to find something that was beautiful, but didn't block that amazing back door view. What better material than clear glass could I have found!?
> they bring a teeny touch of what I call "industrial" aesthetic into the space with the combination of a visible bulb and gleaming metal.
> they remind me of an amazing necklace (that I drooled over) made of small glass orbs that a co-worker of mine wore to a photo shoot we both attended.
> they are surprisingly affordable! (the hubby especially liked this about them)
> they are just plain cool.

Globe Pendant 1 and his best bud Globe Pendant 2 will replace the breakfast counter pair, as depicted in this picture of the house in its "staged" state before it became ours, and Cluster Glass Pendant will fill the empty space left behind when we remove the monstrosity in the center of the dining area:

Our house before it was our house with scrolly, fancy pendant lights.


The next lighting challenge in the new house will be to tackle the replacement of more than 20 "boob" lights. You know the ones I'm talking about...and why they are officially called that (according to our Realtor). That might be a project we tackle in a few years, because it's proving tricky to find low-cost "boob" light alternatives.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love the cluster one so much more than that giant one you showed me before. Sooooo nice!!!

Jen said...

and WOW that took like 10 times entering the captcha for that to post.